Sunday, May 20, 2012

Purchased last night/to be reviewed soon

Woke up at 2am last night and felt the spirit move me. Purchased:

"Cunt-Ups" Dodie Bellamy
            Hyper sexual poetry plagued by ADHD. Reviewed by Blake Butler here. What can I say? I'm very intrigued.

The No Helios Diet Sam Pink
            Young Chicago writer. Never hear of him before, sounds interesting. Writes about working at a grocery store and has my name.

Last Exit to Brooklyn Hubert Selby Jr.
            OG transgressive fiction. Pre-Requiem for a Dream, too hot shit to use punctuation.

The Recognitions William Gaddis
            Chronically unread post war masterpiece. Looks at the art world, forgery, and New York. Notoriously difficult and weights in at 900+ pages. My light summer beach read.

No comments:

Post a Comment